Net Proceeds from Webinar Replays Support the Annual APS UPRT Full Scholarship Program
- Learn the Value of Having Specialized Airline UPRT Subject Matter Experts on the Team
- Understand the Critical Importance of Instructor Standardization and Quality Assurance in UPRT
- Investigate How 'Real World' Data Can Be Used in UPRT to Compliment Operational Needs
- Better Appreciate the Overall Benefits of Airline UPRT
- Gain a Deeper Understanding of Why Resilient Airline UPRT Knowledge and Training Matters
Frequently Asked Questions
Get started now!
Brian Sims is the Lead UPRT Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Delta Air Lines. In that role he is responsible for ensuring the technical accuracy of UPRT presentations and information and the on-going UPRT training requirements for all instructors and UPRT SMEs at Delta.
Brian grew up around bush flying in Southeast Asia, but was first introduced to all-attitude flying from an aerobatic flight during his time attending Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, where he worked as an instructor prior to graduation. His airline career began at a Regional Airline where he flew for 10 years, serving 3 years as a First Officer and 7 years as a Captain on several Bombardier aircraft.
At Delta, Brian has flown the Boeing 717, 757, and 767 and worked in the Training Department for 5 years leading to his selection as the Lead UPRT Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Delta. Brian received his initial Train-the-Trainer qualification with APS on the Extra 300L and has received recurrent training in the SIAI Marchetti S.211 all-attitude jet training aircraft.